Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Fall in the Fork

As the warm aromas of wood burning stoves and the feel of a chill in the air engulfs my senses, I take a deep, cool breath and embrace the reality that summer is in our past and the season has officially changed. Don't get me wrong, I love this time of year and I love the time of year that is yet to come but I also love summer in this Valley of ours. I mean seriously BBQ's, farm fresh produce and swimmin' in the river! C'mon, what's not to love? But now, alas, I find myself digging out my sweaters and the long johns, stacking the wood pile and sharpening my ax. Not to mention the sweet smell of cinnamon spiced apple cider or tasty mulled wine heating on the stove, hmmmmm, sounds pretty good to me. And so we and our little valley begin to nestle down for the season and digress to our cold weather ways. There will be reading of many good books, watching lots of movies (maybe even taking in Cabin Fever film at the Paradise) getting a beer with friends at Revolution, cross country of down hill skiing in about every direction (given a drive of about an hour or two). All in all not a bad deal and there is no place I would rather be during this endearing time of year. Happy November and Fall to you all!
BTW, here is a one of my favorite recipes for mulled wine - 
You wiull need: A bottle of your favorite red wine, 6 allspice berries, 1 T. black peppercorns, 2 whole star anise, 1 chunk of fresh ginger (sliced), 3/4 C honey and some orange zest and cinnamon sticks for garnish. Throw all but the garnish into a sauce pan and heat to a simmer. Now, cuddle up by the fire with someone you like and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment