Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

For The Love Of My Job!

1. The stories
Everyone has a story, and each one is interesting to me. The people I meet, often times my new friends and neighbors, make me love my job. The life stories they share with me are so much fun to hear and definitely one of my favorite things about being a Realtor.
2. New day, new stuff 
Sure, there are regular things I do, but every day brings a different combination of things. New people, new properties, and new challenges…no two days are ever the same and I like that.
3. I never stop learning
While it can make me a little nervous at time to not always have the answer , I am  someone who loves learning and my job provides a never ending supply of things to learn. Market ups and downs, exciting new technologies and social media and the various things that pop up in every deal keep me on my toes to say the least.
4. Other Realtors (mostly)
Realtors sometimes get a bad rap but really most of us are good people who work really hard. We may be in competition with one another but generally try to be helpful to one another.  A real estate office can be a great place to work. At least, mine is.
5. I get to help people
Moving is one of the most stressful things in life. When I’m able to minimize my clients stress and burden and to help them get where they want to be, that feels good.
6. Freedom and flexibility rock
We as Realtors must obey the laws and follow the rules, but there’s also plenty of room to run my business the way that suits me best and I’m free to be me.
7. Playing detective
When a couple is attracted to very different houses or properties it is a mystery to figure out which property will appeal to both of them. It takes investigation in the form of asking a lot of questions and then listening but in the end you get to help solve it and that’s pretty cool!
8. I get to be an artist
I can’t paint or play an instrument but in my job I get to be creative with my advertising, post cards, taking great photos, social media, writing my blog and the list goes on. I like thinking outside of the box.
9. I am the master of my fate...
Getting started, building business, and surviving the slow times are very hard. I remind myself every day that if I keep at it, work hard and never give up, I will get new business and can make a decent living. No one can take my job away and I like that.
10. And then there are the houses

Liking people is one thing but it's only the tip of the iceberg. I love houses. When you think about it, a house is not all that different than a person. Old, new, dated, rehabbed, big and small, they each have a personality and a story to tell. Yep, I love houses.

No comments:

Post a Comment